Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Birth Plan

PuddleMama and I came up with a "birth plan" like any pair of goody-two-shoes first-time parents to be should. We tried to consolidate our plan with items that we thought either may not be provided in the standard hospital setting and/or were very important to us.

I'm attaching a link to the birth plan more as a matter of record- I don't expect anyone to have any serious interest in it. That said, if any of the more experienced readers have any advice on items to add (because either they worked out very well for them or because they wish they would have had them) then let me know.

Best. Birth. Plan. Ever.

Oh, and I'm disappointed in the lack of responses for the PuddleBaby Prediction Contest. Get on it folks!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Use the nursery at night in between feedings!!!!!!!

Grandma Duluth said...

I love your plan. I like that it allows for a lot of bonding and contact for both you and Paul. We were the pioneers back in the 70's when fathers were firt being allowed in labor and delivery rooms. It really helps! You will be great parents!

KryoRage said...

My favorite part of the plan is "Paul would like to catch baby as the baby is delivered." For some reason that made me laugh, mostly because the image that came into my head was Paul standing five feet back as his baby flies into his arms.

I enjoyed reading the plan. It's obvious you will be exceptional parents!