Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Woo Woo!

PuddleMamam went in for her now bi-weekly baby appointment today. Without giving TMI (although based on the rest of my blog I'm way past the point of restraint) we discussed some "concerns" with my favorite doctor so far, Dr. Woo (woo woo!)

Dr. Woo inspired confidence that everything was healthy and normal. He also was more vocal about what he was doing and why, which was comforting to me (or I would think to anyone who is watching another man feel around his wife in places that are usually off-limits, even to the best of friends.) Dr. Woo warned us that he "measures larger than his colleagues" (which can be taken a couple of ways, but if taken in the "size doesn't matter" way is still not all that impressive since all of his colleagues at our clinic are female.) He was referring to measuring a part of PuddleMama's belly of course, which he measured at 36 cm (right about where it should be.) This was a whopping 8cm larger than two weeks ago (but like I said he did warn us about being larger.) And it's not all that surprising since I hear on a daily basis from PuddleMama "I think I'm way bigger today than yesterday."

The heartbeat was in the 140's, and I also appreciated Dr. Woo letting use hear the heartbeat for probably longer than medically necessary, and even holding the speaker over his shoulder so I could hear it better (woo woo!) As always, that was amazing!

One more note, up to this point I have been telling people "the first week of March" as the due date because using the calendar menstruational period method we arrive at March 1, and using the ultrasound method we arrive at March 9th. Dr. Woo explained the ultrasound method is much more accurate, and because of PuddleMama's longer cycle length (okay, if I was trying to avoid TMI in this post I just failed miserably) March 9th is a much better target. So instead of launching into an rambling explanation every time I hear the question "When is PuddleMama due?" I'm just going to say "March 9th." It's official.

And finally- a teaser. Check back soon as a user-involved competition will be going up soon. And I promise prizes for the winners and excitement for all!

No comments: