Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap Crap Crap Crap Crap!

The baby comes when the baby is ready right? Well, maybe. At PuddleMama's appointment today the doctor mentioned that if PuddleMama does not go into labor naturally they would induce by week 39 because of the gestational diabetes. By my Minnesota math this means the baby will be here by March 2nd (Jill, if you're reading this please make this an exercise in your algebra class today to double-check the figure.) Go ahead and read the title of this blog again. By far 90% of my thoughts since I heard this news today have consisted of some variation of those words.

I know what you're all thinking right now. "But I guessed [date after March 2nd] for the birth date!" Well, so did I. Luckily, according to the official sweepstakes rules you can change your answer up until the 15th. If you're reading this post after the 15th- lesson learned, check the blog for updates more often.

The next question I know everyone will ask is: "Are you ready?"

I would be crazy to think we are, but at least the things we have some control over are ready. The office is now half-office, half-nursery. The car seat is installed. We have had a talk with PuddleDoggy about his new role as big brother. Our hospital bags are packed. Our birth plan is written (thanks for the suggestions!) We have lots and lots of books waiting to be read, and (corniness warning) all the love in the entire world ready to give PuddleBaby.

Oh Crap! Oh..... crap..... Oh crap crap crap crap crap crap crap....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To all of those guesses who had me past my due date. I remember who you are and will withold baby holding time accordingly. Matt looks like you and the baby will have lots of time together. :)

KryoRage said...

Yay!!! PuddleMomma is awesome! I will love him/her and hug him/her and call him/her PuddleBaby!

I'm hoping for an early arrival as well so I can meet PuddleBaby before my vacation. I'll be out of town March 1-6.