Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sex Predictors

No, I am not talking about my special purpose. I am just ready to tie up another loose end and list the tests that were accurate in predicting Lucy would be a girl. When PuddleDeuce really does come along, we will use the tests that were correct again with a bit more confidence (except for the drain-o test- I will never be confident that test would end with anything but an explosion.)

Blog Poll: Final results were 23-22 girl, and although rumours about ballot stuffing from a certain place of business on 6th avenue in Duluth are running rampant, "boy" will concede the election to "girl" with grace and dignity and without a supreme court appeal.

Real Athletes Have Girls: Check.

Fast Heartbeat: PuddleBaby's heartbeat was always on the fast side, which is thought to indicate a girl.

Chinese Lunar Chart: 90% accurate. I'm convinced.

Feet Temperature: No change indicates a girl. PuddleMama's feet were warm and cozy throughout the pregnancy. Maybe this was because she made me massage them so much. That's it! Next time no foot massages, PuddleMama!

Does the mother refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread? Yes = Girl. Great, I'm pretty sure this once is not going to change between now and the day Lucy checks me into the old peoples home.

Is the father gaining weight along with the mother? No = Girl. I better eat breakfast more regularly next time PuddleMama is pregnant if we want a boy. And by breakfast I mean doughnuts and waffles and bacon. Every day.

What is the maternal grandmother's hair color? Not Gray = Girl. Little Lucy's guardian angel has some beautiful hair, and its not gray but more of a shiny golden brilliant color.

Does the mother look particularly good during pregnancy? (Girls steal their mother's looks) No comment.

Has the mother's chest development been dramatic? Yes = Girl. Well if there is ever a reason to make Lucy a sister...

Is the mother's urine bright neon or dull yellow? Dull Yellow = Girl. I can't wait to test this again the second time around... PuddleMama: "PuddleDaddy, come look at my pee!"

Has the mother been craving meats/cheese or fruit more? Meats/Cheese = Boy, Fruit = Girl. Not the most exciting indicator, is it?

Has the mother's nose spread during pregnancy? No = Girl. I wonder if by "nose" they really mean "nose?"

Has the mother been craving orange juice every day? Yes = Girl. This one was particularly hard after the GD diagnosis which greatly limited OJ intake.

Does the mother's abdomen look more like a watermelon or a basketball? Watermelon = Girl. Lame.

Father's Intuition: The last few months in particular I really felt it was going to be a girl. Pat on the back for me.

Well there you have it. My Little Lucky Lucy is dazzling us by growing and smiling and almost laughing. I have more thoughts on this whole having a "girl" business, but I'll save them for another post, to come soon.

1 comment:

Barbara Moisan said...

With a dad like you "almost laughing" will go to "LOL" real soon!
Love to all...Great PuddleAunt and Great PuddleUncle from Webster, PuddleMA Give Lucy lots of XXOOOXXOO from us.