Monday, September 29, 2008

Just Me and My Dad

According to the our prenatal resources, PuddleBaby could hear external sounds this week! We designated last Saturday as the first day the baby could hear, which must have been quite a spectacular first day since PuddleMama and I were whooping it up in Duluth with my family. Lucky baby.

So tonight I read PuddleBaby his first book, "Just Me and My Dad" by Mercer Meyer (an author I fondly remember from my own youth.) It's about a camping trip. My favorite part is when the bear steals the fish dinner they caught in the river, with an owl looking on. I wonder what PuddleBaby's favorite part will be.

I was just thinking today about camping with the little bugger. PuddleMama is not the most avid outdoors woman, and so I figure I will have to read "Just Me and My Dad" many times to this kid to subconsciously ingrain how much fun camping is with dad. I'm willing to brainwash my kid so I always have someone to go camping, fishing, or kayaking with.

No comments: