Friday, August 15, 2008

Daddy Training

Well it's my birthday (the last one before I officially become a father and turn 30!) That said, I need to live it up! It certainly started off with a bang (or should I say a "phfffffft.") PuddleDoggy decided to give me a special present- daddy training.

Last night he developed a pretty severe case of diarrhea and has been going every 1-2 hours since, which means I haven't slept much. In addition, as a birthday bonus, I just learned how to take a stool sample, which most days I don't think would be that bad (after all, I do pick up his poop daily) but considering.... Okay, I'll stop and leave the more "juicy" details out.

Anyway, on the bright(er) side, PuddleDoggy has been awesome. He has been telling us he needs to go out and the only casualty so far has been the front door rug, which PuddleDoggy had an accident on before we really know what was going on. (Knock on wood.)

We are worried about the little guy- I don't know how he has anything left in the tank. We're leaving for the vet in a few minutes.

UPDATE: Back from the vet, and PuddleDoggy has "Bacterial Overgrowth with clostridium." Actually for the alternatives, this diagnosis didn't sound too bad. He got a shot of antibiotics and some pills and he has to fast for the next day or so, followed by eating only crackers. He's going to love that. Doc said he'd be feeling like himself in a day or two (for a vet bill of $150 I do have to wonder if he would have felt like himself in a day or two anyway... oh well, better safe than sorry.)

No comments: