Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who needs HPT's when you have...

  1. Mood swings: Two hour bachelorette episode (not even the finale)- three separate "cryings" and I'm fairly certain one was triggered by a commercial. I'm also considering banning dvr'ed episodes of Beverly Hills 90210.
  2. Nesting: PuddleMama is usually in bed by 10, sleeping by 10:30. So you can see why I thought it was alarming when she was carrying year old magazines out to the trash at 11:00 p.m. I had heard about this so called "nesting" before but I didn't think it would kick in quite so quickly.
  3. Breast Changes: Or more accurately from my point of view- complaining of breast changes. I'll stop short of naming any specifics, but not all seem that bad from where I'm sitting.
  4. Ice Cream Cravings: PuddleMama has always enjoyed ice cream, but not *that* much.
  5. Fatigue: Yes, dealing with all the above has brought me to the point of collapse, but in this case I mean fatigue in PuddleMama.

We received a more official "positive" test result from the clinic today, which is certainly nice, but as you can tell I had a pretty good idea of the status already.

I also learned that PuddleMama is officially in her 5th week of the pregnancy, which seems illogical and even ridiculous because the first two weeks of pregnancy do not require *any* sort of male participation. Apparently it is just an easier way to accurately track development from start (or pre-start?) to finish.

And despite a bit more of symptom #1 above for PuddleMama, the smile has yet to leave my face.

No comments: